Risotto is one of the tastiest dishes going. However, if you are hungry, never ever order it at a restaurant.
On our first Rhone cruise, all of the staff, chefs, Rabbis and ourselves went to this Halevi restaurant in Lyon. Everybody ordered pizza, but I ordered risotto. Very tasty, but an incredibly small portion.
Needless to say, on any of our Kosher River Cruises, you can take as much (or as little) as you like.
Roast Pumpkin and Swiss Chard Risotto
- 2 lb Pumpkin, chopped quite small
- 3 tbsps. Olive Oil or butter
- 1Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- A little cinnamon powder
- 4 oz Chopped almonds
- 6 oz Chopped leek
- 8 oz Risotto Rice
- ½ glass White wine
- 2-3 pints Vegetable stock
- 6 oz Swiss Chard shredded
- 2 tbsps. Coconut Cream
- Mix the pumpkin with half the oil, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Roast till tender in a medium oven
- Toast almonds, either in the oven or in a pan.
- Heat up the vegetable stock and keep on a simmer.
- Sauté leeks in the remainder of the oil or butter
- When preparing the rice you must keep stirring until the risotto is ready.
- Add the rice to the leeks. Add the wine, as the rice begins to dry add a soup ladle of stock. Keep repeating this process for around 20 minutes. When the risotto is ready add another amount of butter
- Add Pumpkin 3 minutes before serving.