A twist on a Jewish favorite.
When I was the Guest Executive Kosher Chef for Orient Lines, I made this as one of our desserts. As soon as the Staff Captain knew I was onboard with one of the kosher groups, he would descend to the kosher galley. His simple welcome greeting was always the same. “Welcome onboard Chef, when you make my favorite dessert remember, send it straight to my cabin.” I always endeavoured to keep the Captain happy!.
So whether at home, or on one of our fabulous Kosher Riverboat Cruises, enjoy.
- 8 servings
- 2 x 8oz 30% cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3oz best quality white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 crumb crust
- 3 tbsp. red raspberry preserves
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, mix until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Pour into crust.
- Microwave preserves in small bowl on high for 15 secs or until melted.
- Dot top of cheesecakes with small spoonful’s of preserves.
- Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.