A simple vegan recipe this week to warm you up, whilst thinking ahead to your all inclusive Kosher Riverboat cruise with KRC. Every one of our meals onboard features a high protein vegan alternative to our meat meal choice featuring 3 types of meat/lamb/ chicken etc , plus 1 fish main and 1 vegan main.
Potato and Mushroom Croquettes Recipe
- 1½ lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ lb mushrooms
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Boil potatoes in water until tender. Drain and mash potatoes.
- In a separate pan, sauté onions and mushrooms in oil and water over medium-high heat for three minutes. In a large bowl,
- Mix mashed potatoes, sautéed onions and mushrooms, seasoning and matzo meal together in a large bowl. Form 10 croquettes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and fry croquettes for 8 minutes on each side. Serving size is 2 croquettes per person.
- To turn this into a vegetarian fish add 1 beaten egg and a little more matzo meal.