Kosher Recipe by Master Kosher Chef Malcolm Green
A simple recipe to please the young and young at heart. Peanut butter and cake, two favorites blended into one. Simple to make, serve at once or freeze for a tasty treat if you have expected or unexpected guests.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
- 1¾ CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 TABLESPOON BAKING POWDER
- ½ TEASPOON SALT (or to taste)
- ½ CUP CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- ¼ CUP BUTTER
- ¾ CUP SUGAR
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- ¾ TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 CUP FULL MILK
- 4 OUNCES SEMISWEET OR MILK CHOCOLATE, CUT IN 18 PIECES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line 18, 2½ inch muffin pan cups with paper baking liners
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat the peanut butter & butter until combined. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each egg. Add and beat the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add the flour mixture. Only beat until they are blended. Keep scaping off any residue on the side of the bowl and add to mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among the cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean (about 18 minutes).
- Place one piece of chocolate on top of each cupcake, return to oven for 1 minute. Then spread the chocolate over tops of cupcakes
- Remove from pan and leave to cool.