What could be a more perfect ending to a milky summertime meal than Peach Cobbler. Savor the flavors of summer with sliced fresh peaches cooking away with butter and spices. The tanginess of the lemon juice paired with the sweetness of the peaches is perfectly balanced with the crisp topping. To make it extra delicious add a nice serving of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream this truly makes it the perfect way to end a summer night.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Step 1: Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish
- Step 2: Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Step 3: Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Step 4: Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.