We at Kosher river cruises hope you had a wonderful Pesach. A quick and simple recipe this time, enjoy. Come and taste some of these recipes on our next cruise in August, The Netherlands and Belgium.
Nutty Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- 125gm margarine or butter
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp. drinking chocolate
- 175 gm crushed biscuits
- 125 gm cake crumbs
- 50 gm glace cherries chopped (or other dried fruit)
- 50 gm pecan nuts chopped
- For topping:
- 15gm butter
- 125 gm milk or plain chocolate.
- Place margarine/butter, sugar, syrup & milk in a pan and heat gently. Add drinking chocolate & crushed biscuits & stir well.
- Add cake crumbs & fruit & nuts & stir thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into 8” sandwich tin & place in fridge to set.
- Topping: Melt butter & chocolate in bain-marie or slowly in microwave.
- Pour topping on top and allow to set again, take out of tin and serve. Enjoy.