Mushrooms are a rich, low calorie source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. They may also mitigate the risk of developing serious health conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. They’re also great sources of: Selenium. This is a soup I discovered in a chalavi restaurant in Boca Raton. Absolutely outstanding. This is my take on it
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Portobello mushroom, diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup porcini mushrooms, rehydrated and diced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 quart pareve stock
- 1 cup porcini water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, leek and garlic in olive oil until tender; add mushrooms. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add parev stock, porcini water and potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Finely liquidize all the ingredients
- Finish with heavy cream and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.