You can truly say that you are satisfied with your meal when you can savor various spices with one bite. Can you imagine enjoying a fishy feast with the magic of paprika, garlic, pepper, and cayenne powder? Luscious! Well, recreate Kosher River Cruises’ Kosher Blackened Tilapia – a gastronomic foodgasm that represents the menu we offer on our luxury Glatt Kosher vacation cruises.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coat the fish fillets with the spice mixture and allow to sit at room temperature for no longer than 30 minutes.
- Over high heat, add oil to skillet, and heat until hot.
- Cook fillets for about 3 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove from the pan.
- Pour pan juices over them and squeeze lemon juice all over.