During these times of uncertainty Jewish mothers have always turned to the eternal helpmate, food. Our chefs have given you these old favorites, with slight twists, to help ease the pain. This recipe below is simple to prepare and is definitely “comfort food”. The next recipe will be one of your favorite desserts from our kosher cruises.
Eat, enjoy and stay safe.
Coca Cola Chicken
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 chicken, about 3-1/2 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup Coca-Cola (not Zero or Lite)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place onions in prepared pan.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange on top of onions.
- Season chicken with crushed garlic.
- In a medium bowl, place Coca-Cola, ketchup, apricot jam and soy sauce, and mix well.
- Pour Coca-Cola mixture over chicken and bake at 375℉ for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve warm.