Are you looking for a more citrus-y dessert to cap off your evening meals? Or do you just want a new kosher pie option for your future celebrations? Well, in this time of enforced indoor living, a breath of fresh new cuisine might be enough to get you out of your quarantine funk. Here’s a delicious Frozen Key Lime Pie recipe from the expert chefs at Kosher River Cruises.
- Bought (or homemade) Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 Limes
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- From the limes, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze ½ cup juice. In a large bowl, whisk in the condensed milk and lime peel and the juice until blended.
- In another bowl, beat cream using an electric whisk at medium speed until stiff peaks occur. Slowly fold the whipped cream, one-third at a time, into the lime mixture. Make sure it is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crumb base, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours (or up to 3 weeks).
- Let the pie stand for 10 minutes at room temperature for easier cutting.