Having just returned from our second pre cruise inspection of the brilliant Amadeus Provence on the Rhone river I would like to share a specialty of the boat. They serve their French Lava Cake as a special treat at one of their tea times. We will also do this on our glatt kosher cruise. A beautiful river with enchanting places to visit. Join us this October.
For 8-10 ramekins of 3 inches.
- 150 gm butter at room temperature
- 75 gm sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 130 gm dark chocolate with 60-80% cocoa content.
- 65 gm flour sifted
- 50 gm melted butter for the ramekins
- Baking time 8 minutes at 210 c/ 410 f
- Using a pastry brush, coat the insides of the ramekins
- Pre heat oven
- Using a hand whisk, cream the butter with sugar until foamy, then gradually stir in the egg. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt (gently) in
- the microwave. Do not let the chocolate get too hot, just melted. Stir the liquid chocolate with the butter mixture using hand whisk then put aside.
- Sieve the flour into mixture. Mix until completely blended. Fill up the ramekins with the mixture. Bake as above.
- After baking let stand for about 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn out each ramekin and serve immediately. Yummy with vanilla ice cream
- The core of the “fondant au chocolat” should, of course, be liquid.
- Enjoy at home or with us on the Rhone in October this year