Kosher Recipe by Master Kosher Chef Malcolm Green
There’s a lot of great savory dishes out there, and the moussaka is one of them. A thick meal made from potatoes or eggplants, this meal can be served as is or as part of a bigger buffet. Try this recipe out!
Eggplant Moussaka Recipe
- 5 Eggplants, sliced
- 10 Medium onions, sliced
- 4 lb Ground meat
- 8 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2½ Cups Beef stock
- Small tin Tomato paste
- 14 eggs
- Mixed herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly salt the aubergines and leave for 30 mins in colander.
- Wipe the eggplants dry and then deep or shallow fry. Leave in colander to drain of oil.
- Sauté the onions until soft.
- Sauté meat until brown.
- Layer all three in deep dish, then alternate eggplant and tomatoes to the top.
- Mix the stock, tomato paste and seasoning and add to dish. Bake for 30 mins.
- Strain off some of the stock and add the beaten seasoned egg,
- Forking it into the mixture.
- Make sure the egg is evenly distributed all over the dish.
- Place back into the oven until the sauce is set.