Sweets are our refuge whenever we feel the unbearable boredom brought by this pandemic crisis. Now, since you’re at home with so much time, why not recreate an easy to make and easy to eat kosher dessert for you and your fam? Try and make this Kosher White Chocolate Torte that will make your taste buds crave for more!
WHITE CHOCOLATE TORTE
- 41/2 oz unsalted butter
- 8 oz ginger snaps or digestive biscuits, roughly broken
- 26 oz white chocolate
- 20 fl oz carton double cream
- Line base and sides of 8” round, 2 ½ “deep springform tin with non-stick parchment.
- Melt butter in a pan. Whiz the biscuits until finely crushed and stir in melted butter. Spread over base of tin and press down. Chill for 15min to set.
- Chop 24 oz of the chocolate and put with half the cream into a bowl over pan of barely simmering water, making sure base does not touch the water. Leave the chocolate to melt but don’t stir – this may take 30 mins. Once melted, remove from heat, stir until smooth, then cool for 15min or until just beginning to thicken, (the melted chocolate should be barely warm but still liquid before you add the whipped cream. If it’s too cold, it won’t mix in evenly) stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining cream until soft peaks form, then fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour over the biscuit base and chill for 3 hours.
- Using a peeler, make flakes out of the remaining white chocolate and scatter over the torte, so the chocolate looks spiky.