The chance of joining an exciting kosher travel these days is close to zero – safety is the most important thing, right? As we wait for the world to be a safer place, we can improve our burger-making skills with this Easy-To-Cook Kosher Eggplant Burgers with Tomato Relish.
This healthy meal is best with a new Netflix series to binge. Eat well!
Aubergine (Eggplants) Burgers With Tomato Relish
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 2lb tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz sugar
- 2 fl oz vinegar
- grated zest and juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 10 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lb aubergine
- 3 tbsp. chopped coriander
- avocado slices, radish slices
- 5 oz Matzo meal
- Cook the onion in the oil for 10 minutes, until caramelized. Add the tomatoes and cook over a high heat for eight to 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, lime zest and juice, paprika, ginger and cayenne. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, until thickened.
- Preheat the grill to maximum. Mix the olive oil and garlic. Cut the aubergine into ½cm-thick (¼in) slices. Lightly brush with the garlic oil, place on a baking-tray lined with foil and grill until well charred – for 12 to 14 minutes on one side and seven to nine minutes on the other.
- Season, cool and chop finely. Mix the aubergine, matzo meal and coriander. Season well and form into patties.
- Cook the patties under a hot grill or on a low barbecue (carefully – they are fragile) for five minutes on each side.