It’s been a while since we’ve gone on a Glatt Kosher vacation, but even when our travel options are still limited, we can still find the time to be happy with small things. Take cooking, for example. We’ve said it before that making food is one way of retaining control over one’s life in a time of uncertainty. Here’s a great cod fillet with herb crust recipe for your personal culinary endeavors. It’s a delectable pareve dish that pairs well with a lot of different kosher options. Enjoy!
- 4 cod fillets, weighing 4 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsps. chopped dill
- 3 tbsps. chopped parsley
- 3 tbsps. chopped chives
- 3 tbsps. very low-fat fromage frais
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- Wash and wipe the cod fillets and season with salt and pepper. Then, place in a foil-lined roaster, skin side down.
- In a bowl, mix together the crust ingredients and spoon some on top of each cod fillet, packing down gently.
- Cook in a preheated oven, 180C(350F) mark 4, for 20 mins, covering with foil if the crust is over-browning. Serve with French beans and creamed potatoes.