The taste of chocolate is a wonderful thing to experience. Cocoa has this alluring appeal to it that makes it popular as a dessert flavor. From ice cream to cakes, chocolate makes any kosher dessert tastier and more delicious to eat. It also works well with many different kinds of nuts, such as almonds. Are you looking for a sweet and memorable cake recipe for this cold season? Check out this delicious kosher almond chocolate cake!
Almond Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 5 oz Butter
- ¾ cup Castor sugar
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 5 oz Dark chocolate, grated
- 2 cups Ground almonds
- 1/3 cup Stale white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Dark rum
- 3 oz Dark chocolate, extra
- 1 oz Butter, extra
- Grease a deep 9” round cake pan, line the base with greaseproof paper. Cream the butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl then stir in the chocolate, almonds, breadcrumbs and rum.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, fold them through the almond mixture in 2 lots. Pour into prepared pan, bake in a moderate oven about 50 minutes. Let the cake stand for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool. Melt the extra chocolate and extra butter over hot water, cool gently before spreading over cake.