RHINE RIVER CRUISE
Nuremburg, Wurzburg, Mainz, Worms, Cologne, & Amsterdam
Nuremburg to Amsterdam Including: Nuremburg, Wurzburg, Mainz, Worms, Cologne & Amsterdam
“The Only All Kosher Cruise – Entire Ship Kosher”
Only 60 Cabins – Exclusive Cruising For Only 120 Guests
Kosher River Cruises brings you a-once-in-a-lifetime travel experience as we sail the storied Rhine River. Experience exceptional comfort, unexcelled quality, and the highest levels of service in a classic and graceful atmosphere. Discover an unforgettable river cruise on one of Europe’s great waterways—from the comfort of your floating 5- star hotel.
Kosher River Cruises and the 5-star MS Sapphire stand for the highest levels of hospitality and service and are s devoted to satisfying your every wish and every need. Now in our 3rd European river- cruise season, our reputation and years of travel experience guarantees you will feel pampered in every way and enjoy each and every moment, both on the river and on land.
Special Education & Entertainment Programming Available
Including History & Heritage Tours & Community Visits to:
Sample Lecture Topics from our Scholar In Residence: Dr. Henry Abramson – Dean Touro College:
- Martyrdom and Piety: The Religious Impulses of Medieval Ashkenaz
- Election 2016 – US Israel Politics As It Effects Israel
- Entering the Rhineland—Nuremburg and Furth as Cultural Crossroads
- Introduction to Medieval Ashkenaz: 950-1450 CE
- Bamberg’s Jewish History
- Movie program & Commentary: Churchill – Walking With Destiny
- Beyond Rashi’s Daughters: The Myth of Medieval Ashkenazi Superwomen
- Würzburg: City of Sages
- To Secede or Not To Secede? The Great Frankfurt-Wurzburg Debate
- Digital Terrorism & Hate Around the world – Why ISIS is winning the war
- Frankfurt: The Jerusalem of Germany
- Worms: The Holy Community
- Mainz: The People and the Book
- Cologne: Witness to Exile, Witness to Return
- The Prime Ministers 2 – Soldiers & Peacemakers Menachem Begin & Yitzhak Rabin Movie program & commentary: Plus Much More!
Delectable Kosher Dining By Master Kosher Chef Malcolm Green
This captivating journey takes you along one of the most beautiful stretches of the Rhine through Germany & the Netherlands. There have been Jews in the Rhineland since the first centuries of the Common Era when they first sailed down the Rhine along with the Roman army. The earliest written account of Jewish life in the region is an edict signed in A.D. 321 by Emperor Constantine allowing Jews to be elected to the curia of Cologne. Vestiges of Jewish life along the banks of the river recall a history marked by extended periods of prosperity and cultural richness, cut short time and again by violence. Virtually intertwined with the vineyards that dot the region, scattered tombstones and a few reconstituted sanctuaries tell the story. With renowned speakers, historians and local community leaders on this cruise we explore the past and current rebirth happening throughout this region.
The name Ashkenaz was applied in the Middle Ages to Jews living along the Rhine River in northern France and western Germany, and the term became identified primarily with German customs and descendants of German Jews. The center of Ashkenazi Jews later spread to Poland-Lithuania. From the mystical valleys and castles of the Rhine to Holland’s windmills, join Kosher River Cruises for an in-depth educational adventure as we explore millennia of Jewish history and heritage along the Rhine River.
Your cruise brings you both art and culture in places that bear witness to thousands of years of European as well as Jewish history. Your cruise will be enhanced by your on-board Kosher River Cruise historians, lecturers, and educators, who bring to life each region’s rich and complex Jewish history and heritage.
Our all-inclusive program includes delicious Glatt Kosher cuisine, on-board synagogue with daily minyanim, engaging lectures, entertainment and on-board programing, and local tours at our ports of call.
Picture yourself watching the river flow from the window of your cabin or one of the decks as it takes you to new places and reveals storybook landscapes as you relax in total comfort. The sublime ambiance and personal service aboard your Kosher River Cruise ship creates an oasis of relaxation that is simply unexcelled. Each one of the bright, airy cabins has unrestricted views of the scenery through panoramic, glass windows, and every cabin features a French balcony (sliding glass windows) that spans the cabin’s width. Experience European travel like you never have before with the sheer ease of river transport!
The luxurious MS Sapphire offers you an array of stylish public areas and premium facilities; your time on board will be a highlight of your European journey.
Spanning 135 meters, the Sapphire has a total of 82 accommodations and carries a maximum of 164 passengers.
Staterooms come in two types: Danube French Balcony and Rhine French Balcony, with two Owners Suites completing the lineup. The majority of accommodations are Danube and Rhine French Balcony staterooms, distributed across the middle Danube and upper Rhine Decks, each with 172 sq ft of floor space, French balconies, and floor-to-ceiling sliding doors, which open to provide fresh air and views. Amenities across all categories include a deluxe queen-size bed (or 2 twins), climate control, a desk and vanity with a hair dryer, minibar, and flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, a closet with a safe, and a bathroom with shower.
The two Owners Suites are located on upper Rhine Deck and have 258 square feet of floor space. Rooms come with a deluxe queen-size bed, a sitting area, climate control, a desk and vanity with a hair dryer, a closet with a safe, Wi-Fi, a full-size bathroom with a large shower, a flat-screen TV, minibar, and a combination floor-to-ceiling glass window with a French balcony that opens.
Above the passenger accommodations is a spacious Sun Deck with sun chairs, an inside lounge and bar, dining room, hair salon, and a fitness center.
Gentle Walkers: We welcome guests with limited mobility but want all guests to understand that challenges will exist both on board and during shore excursions. There are stairs between decks and our ships do not have elevators. In addition there are split-level decks and/or significant thresholds that could make movement difficult. Shore excursions are a mix of walking and bus touring that require movement over cobblestones or up and down stairs. Therefore, a physically challenged guest will require the services of a responsible adult as crew availability is very limited in most circumstances. Motorized scooters are typically not suited and cannot be used on-board. Guests have the option of taking taxis and meeting the group at our designated meeting points to cut down on the amount of walking from site to site. Please note that this is at the expense of the individual guest and must be arranged by guests themselves. The ship’s reception can be of assistance in ordering taxis from the dock.
Security: The safety of our passengers is something we take very seriously and we consider it our most important responsibility. Our policy is to be in constant contact with local municipalities as to our arrival and departure at our various locations.
|from $5890 pp/db||8|
Custom Group Departures Available
- (Fr) Nuremburg / Kelheim: 4:00pm check-in arrival, Shabbat on-board in Nuremburg / Kelheim
- *Munich airport 90 minutes (scheduled group airport transfer will be available for an additional fee)
- (Sa) Nuremburg / Kelheim: Shabbat in Nuremburg / Kelheim, afternoon city walking tour, evening departure
- (Su): Bamberg: Tour, evening departure
- (Mo): Wurzburg: Tour, overnight
- (Tu): Frankfurt: Tour, evening departure
- (We): Worms & Mainz: Tour
- (Th): Cologne Tour
- (Fr): Amsterdam: Disembark
Optional Antwerp (Belgium) Post Shabbat Tour
- (Fr): Disembark, Amsterdam morning tour transfer to Antwerp (45min), Shabbat
- (Sa): Shabbat with the Jewish community of Antwerp, daytime Jewish interest walking tour
- (Su): Depart
* Please note mooring and casting off times are only guidelines. We reserve the right to make changes to the itineraries and excursion programs. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as low or high water or a defective ship sections of the river can be closed to traffic. In such cases the ship-owner reserves the right to transport guests along that section by bus, accommodate them in hotels and /or change the course of that part of the journey. In some circumstances it may be necessary to transfer to another ship. These situations are rare but do happen from time to time and are all part of riverboat vacations. There’s nothing anyone can do to control Mother Nature.
Embarkation & Disembarkation
Embarkation Friday: Clients will be able to check-in and board in Nuremburg beginning at 16:00. Guest who arrive earlier may leave their luggage at reception beginning at 13:00 but will not be able to check-in or receive their cabin until 16:00.
Disembarkation Friday: Boat will arrive Amsterdam at approximately 8:00a. Clients will be required to disembark by 9:30a. We can assist in pre-arranged transfers from boat to local destinations and airports.
Antwerp Post-Cruise Program: Disembarkation at 9:30a, Amsterdam tour and lunch, depart Amsterdam 14:00; arrive Antwerp at 16:00. Post-program ends with breakfast on Sun. Guests are responsible for their own taxi transfer to area airports and can be arranged with the hotel: Airport transit times: Antwerp (ANR) – 15 min, (the main area international airport) Brussels (BRU) – 35 min, Amsterdam (AMS) – 1 hr 45min. (*Please note our Antwerp post-cruise program is an all-inclusive program including boat transfers, hotel, all meals, Shabbat program and touring. Partial programs are not available.)
Connect With Us
Call Us: USA +1 310-237-0122
Call Us Toll Free USA: 800-923-2645
Office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm PST
Israel: 052 836 2661
United Kingdom: 020 3393 6823
Get the latest news and updates on Kosher River Cruise