Do you miss the kosher cruise experience you had before the pandemic crisis? Don’t worry we have something for you that will take you to an unforgettable gastronomic experience. Prepare your sweet tooth because this delightful dessert will fill your mouth with goodness, just like your kosher cruise did.
- 8 oz finely cut dates
- 2 oz butter, softened
- 17 fl oz boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 7 oz plain flour
- 9 oz brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375F(190C) and grease a 64fl oz baking dish.
- Put the dates and butter in a large bowl and pour in 8 1/2 oz of the boiling water. Stir until the butter melts, then let the mixture stand for about 5 mins. Beat in the eggs and set aside.
- Combine the flour with 4 ½ oz of the brown sugar, the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir and toss together until blended. Add to the date mixture along with the walnuts and beat until blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 155gr of brown sugar, then pour the remaining 8 ½ fl oz of boiling water over the top.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.